Thursday 13 June 2013

Awesome day

Spent the day lazying around yesterday. Grandparents wanted to visit a temple today so yesterday grandpa called a driver home. The temple is an hour' s drive away and we were 7 people and that man says one ambassador car would be enough !! Talk about fitting in :p.  After much persuasion by me ( I didn't want them to blame it on my size if I didn't fit) everyone agreed that only 4 people go in that car and rest by bus. As luck would have it, the car broke down on the way before it even reached our home in morning. Grandpa finally relented to hire a van. :D He refuses to believe that his whale of a grand daughter won't concise in a car having 6 people :D
            The house was live with activity early in the morning. The hustle bustle was evidence of the rare events when the entire family went out some place. The drive was awesome with the roads all clear. The temple was a beauty as with all architectures of such sanctity. After getting the rituals done we decided to skip the temple meal and eat in some restaurant. It is another thing that doesn't happen much in this house. On our way back, the driver got a little distracted and we landed on the side of the road in a shallow patch. As I was on the window I felt myself tilt and people started gathering. When we got out I saw that the van was saved by a block of stone else would have toppled over. Narrow miss !  The people helped us out and then pulled the vehicle on road. Couldn't thank the stars enough!
             The lunch was delicious and thank God it was that good that no one brought again the line "should have eaten at temple, see God punished!"  Personally God has been much more benevolent to me and won't lurch me in a ditch because I didn't eat at temple :)
             Back home everyone is dead tired and happily snoring while I type this. I m just whiling time waiting for S to ping. Poor.guy just returned from work..
               It's raining outside and there is no electricity right now. I lay on bed with my ears cotton plugged. I hide inside the thin blanket. It just gives me a false sense of safety from all insects. The cat of the house is sleeping tucked in the bundles of waste cloth under the bed.
             My S is collecting all bonus loyally :p.. So no worries about that. Missing Grey' $ anatomy.. No zee cafe here..
             S replies as I type and I'm off to sleep when I complete this line :)
             P.s- I'm still struggling to reply to comments via blogger app. I wrote long responses to previous comments and it disappeared :(  will type replies once I figure this out !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...